May 30, 2013
1. The information provided on this IMSN web site has been compiled for your convenience. IMSN makes no warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this web site.
2. IMSN, including its directors, clients, affiliates, employees, agents, successors and assigns, will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or other injury resulting from its use.
3. IMSN, its directors, clients, affiliates, employees, agents, successors and assigns do not accept any liability:
• We do our best to ensure that the Website operates properly at all times, but we make no warranties as to the availability or accessibility of the Website, and (except as set out in our refund/return policy) we will not be liable for any damages, loss, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the Website.
4. The limitation on liability contained in paragraph 3 applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
5. IMSN holds the copyright to this web site. You are not permitted to reproduce or alter this web site, or copy images, wording, all course content, or designs of it, without the prior express written consent of IMSN.
6. IMSN regards your privacy as important and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that if you have subscribed to receive notification of web site updates, your e-mail address will remain confidential.
7. IMSN reserves the right to make changes, modifications, additions, deletions and corrections to the web site, at any time and without notice.
External Link Disclaimer
9. Any links have been provided for your convenience. Web sites which you are transferred to are not controlled by IMSN and IMSN is not responsible, and does not accept any liability for the information contained on those web sites. The provision of a link does not constitute an endorsement or approval of that web site or any products or services on that web site.
What We Do
10. IMSN is a maritime security training and consulting company, certified as a DNV Maritime Training Center, utilizing DNV’s SeaSkill Standard 3.403 ‘Maritime Training Providers.’ IMSN provides a number of different internationally certified training courses, specifically developed for licensed mariners, port facility personnel, law enforcement officers and first responders. All training course material is proprietary in nature and remains the exclusive property of IMSN. We do our best to provide and maintain this product in accordance with maritime training requirements and guidance provided by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) through the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (2002), SOLAS Amendments (1974), Manila Amendments (2010), STCW, and IMO Model Courses.
Computer Based Training (CBT) Products
11. Licensed mariners may register and complete our CBT courses directly from our website. Our courses consist of multiple sections, consistent with the IMO Model courses. At the end of each Section, registrants will need to successfully complete a small sampling of quiz questions. Although quizzes are not counted towards the final examination, registrants must correctly answer questions before proceeding to following Sections. After successful completion of all Sections and corresponding quizzes, registrants will be required to complete a final exam consisting of 20 questions. Registrants must achieve a final exam score of 70% or greater (14 out of 20 correct) in order to pass the course and be issued a course completion certificate.
What You Agree To Do
12. When using our Website you agree that you will:
• use the Service and the Website only for lawful purposes;
• Conform to all registration requirements. Any willful misrepresentation of identifying information, for the purpose of taking this course may be a punishable offense, subject to prosecution and rescission of certification.
• Conform to all legal copyright information provided in paragraph 5 above.
What We Can Do
13. We reserve the right to:
• Deny, at our sole discretion, your access to the Services and/or the Website without reason or notice and delete the contents of your account;
14. Course registration process will consist of the following steps:
• Create Username and Password (only valid during the period you are taking course and examination)
• Complete all registration documentation provided, to include Passport number.
• Payment for CBT course to be taken, according to stated price.
15. Process for completing course will consist of the following steps:
• Upon successful registration, registrants will have access to the CBT course.
• NOTE: Registrants must allow for 2-3 hours to complete the course and examination. You will not be allowed to save work and return at a later time. If you exit the course prior to completion you will forfeit all monies and are not eligible for a refund. Please make sure you have a reliable Internet connection and that your computer meets the minimum requirements for taking this course.
• The CBT courses are divided into Sections based upon content and in accordance with corresponding IMO Model Courses.
• Each Section will be followed with quiz questions that pertain to important learning objectives from each Section. Although Quizzes are not counted towards the final examination, registrants must successfully answer all quiz questions before being allowed to continue to following Sections. If any quiz questions is incorrect, you will be advised as such and allowed to complete quiz questions again. You may also choose to review the information provided for that Section.
• After successfully completing all Sections and corresponding Quizzes, a final examination consisting of 20 multiple choice questions, will be administered. You will have up to 5 minutes to complete each questions. If you fail to complete any question within the allotted time, that question will be recorded as incorrect and the next question will be presented. You must achieve a final exam score of 70% or greater (14 out of 20 correct) in order to pass the course and be issued a course completion certificate.
• If you successfully pass the final exam, you will be presented with an electronic copy of your certificate for printing and safekeeping. IMSN will maintain copies of your certificate for at least 2 years.
• If you do not pass the final exam, you will be allowed one additional chance to take the exam at that time. Although some exam questions may be the same, our program randomly assigns questions for each period of examination.
• If you do not pass the final exam a 2nd time, you will not be issued a certificate. You may take the course again, but you will be required to pay another tuition cost.
Terms of Sale
16. All sales are final. Taking the course does not guarantee a passing certificate. The final test must be completed with a passing grade of 70% to receive a certificate.
17. All requests for refunds will be reviewed on a per case basis and adequate proof must be provided to request a refund and/or restart the course due to equipment failure including loss of Internet connectivity or power outage.
International Maritime Security Network, LLC (IMSN)
111A Fort Cherry Road